Saturday, January 7, 2012

#27 - Hunting Buddies

Hunting. Time for the boys to spend with their dad learning to be a man. A time for learning responsibility, how to be quiet & still, how to wait, how to drive a car on country roads, how to build a fire, how to entertain yourself with not much more than a tree and a little boy's imagination, how to savor every bite of Big Red & powdered donuts that you can get your little hands on. And so much more. This year Cooper got to start joining the big guys on their weekend get-aways. All dressed in camouflage, my baby is learning from his older brother and his dad. And he loves it. As do they. As do I. They are the best examples of becoming and being a man that I can think of.

One weekend this month, my boys took some friends to The Place for some guy time. Micah & Samuel. And their dad. I love that! I love that these 4 are learning how to be men from their intentional, Godly fathers and that they get to do that together. And I love that they have so much fun together! Like, tons of fun!

I love that they are buddies. And on that day, hunting buddies.

(And while I'm being thankful, let me just say that I love that them being gone to The Place often means Allie & I being gone to the mall. Or the movies. Or her favorite restaurant.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...