Thursday, December 8, 2011

#7 - Birthday Celebrations

A surprise puppy from Corey. The one I wanted so much. The cutest little Old English Sheepdog ball of fur. Sailor.

I am thankful.

Breakfast with my sisters. The ones that drove me crazy when we were kids but that now, between our 3 busy lives and 9 wonderful kids, I can't seem to ever spend enough time with. But that morning we did. Between carpooling kids and a meeting and car repairs and other endless responsibilities, we shared one meal and thousands of words.

And I am thankful.

The day before my birthday. A weekend day. A day where my family gives me all that they can think of that I might want. More hugs than usual. Sweet words. Breakfast by the fire. A day in my bed to read. And nap. And read some more. A day filled with ordinary things that feel luxurious when they are much desired. My husband made it happen. He is training our kids how to love.

I am thankful.

My "real birthday". A Monday. A real life day. Gifts. Homemade cards. Homeschooling the boys by the fire. Dealing with the things that only the mom can deal with. Phone calls from far away family. Each one including the birthday song. That's what we do. Dinner at one of my favorite restaurants. With my 4 favorite people. Artichoke basil soup. A beautiful cake. More messages of birthday wishes from friends and family than my heart could contain.

My heart is overflowing. And I am thankful.

A message the next morning from Corey & Allie singing Happy Birthday to me as they drove to school because they realized that they forgot to on my birthday. A 30 minute phone call with my mom because we had played phone tag the day before. This is the woman than made my life possible.

And I am thankful.

Dinner with a few of my friends. Laughs. Conversation. More laughs. A prayer from a friend that brought me to tears. Delicious pink vodka sauce on pasta. A little wine. More laughs. Sweet gifts. Bath salts, a monogrammed candle, and a gift certificate to a spa. These girls know me. Beyond gifts that I am sure to like, they really know me.

And to great depths, I am thankful.

A December birthday. That's what I have. The kind of birthdate that can get swallowed up by the month it belongs to. But mine, because of those that love me, was set apart. I was celebrated. A midst the busyness, I was shown love. And I feel loved.

I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. So glad we all could celebrate you ... I loved seeing what a great turnout you had last night. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...