Saturday, December 10, 2011

# 9 - Nutcracker Ballet

The Nutcracker Ballet. A tradition in our family for almost 20 years. So many memories... The first time Corey took me. Dressing up. A surprise Clara ornament - it's still a special moment each year when we hang her on our tree. Taking our little girl to the ballet for the first time. Seeing her eyes light up in wonder during the show and watching her spin in the aisles. She was a ballerina too. She was sure of it. Later, adding one little brother to our tradition and then another. Choosing nutcrackers or ornaments at the souvenir table. Snuggling my little ones as we watched the beautiful dance. We haven't gone every year, but many.

And tonight, part of us went again. This time, just Allie and me. We went with my sister and niece. Emily and Claire. I call her CJ - though those aren't her initials. It's my special name for her with special meaning. Just from me to her. So tonight we 4 went to the ballet - Emmie, CJ, Allie, and me. Girls night out. Just mothers and daughters. All dressed up. It was Claire's first time to see The Nutcracker, and she was so excited she couldn't stand it. Chatty, happy, giggly, entranced. Excited. Sweet. 5 years old. It was so fun to see that kind of wonder again. Both Allie and I enjoyed seeing Claire see the ballet. And spending time with Emmie. And watching the show. And being with each other.

Tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...